Gizmodo: iPhone OS 3.1 Features: Better Video Editing, Voice Control Over Bluetooth, And More!!
From Gizmodo Blog: iPhone OS 3.1 update (cool new features!) "Now that the iPhone OS 3.1 SDK (and accompanying beta firmware) is out in the wild, new features are showing their faces. The update improves video editing and app integration, Voice Control over Bluetooth and a slew of minor tweaks.
Here's the breakdown, according to people who've played with it:
* Video editing on iPhone 3GS wont overwrite the clip over the original when you are editing a clip.
* iPhone will now vibrate whenever you switch to the mode where you can move and arrange icons on the iPhone home screen.
* "Fraud Protection" toggle has been added to settings under Safari.
* iPhone boot time is now faster.
* Voice Control over Bluetooth.
* New APIs to enable third party apps to access videos and edit them.
The changes are decidedly incremental and oriented towards 3GS owners, but I wouldn't have expected much more from a decimal upgrade. And of course, this isn't an official feature list, so more changes could come to light soon.
Update: The iPhone Blog has gathered a few more, but nothing huge:
* Updated AT&T profile to 4.2
* Updated modem firmware to 5.08.01
* Improvements to OpenGL and Quartz.
That second bit there could be a hurdle for the Dev Team types; we'll have to see. [Redmond Pie, iPhone Blog]"